Very OT "Find the hidden bird"

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
TelegramSam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by TelegramSam »

JessieK, it's one thing to see it on the television (and I have watched Animal Planet) but it's an entirely diffrent story to have to scrape up bird guts off the porch and vacuum up feather so your mother won't make you get rid of your cat.

I'm sorry, but I don't like playing with raw bird guts. It's just frikkin gross, and I don't have a "stick up my ass" as you put it.
JessieK
antispam: No

Post by JessieK »

Um, yeah, I don't like animal guts, either. Did you see any in the picture I posted?
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

And furthermore, for those who might think otherwise, I save birds and mice from cats, yell at cats to keep them away from little critters, and take said critters to far away places so they will be less likely to get killed by said cats.

How did this become a freakin' moral issue???

Do you get mad at people who post pictures of September 11th? Do you think that posting such pictures implies support of the tragic acts? I mean, come on!!!

J
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

I'm not mad. Can't speak for everyone else. They may be, from the sound of things.
Reasonable person
Walden
Sean

Post by Sean »

JessieK,
I'm w/ you. How can someone be offended by that pic? That's the way a cat behaves. 'course people potty-train their cats too like they're little people.
Personally I thought it was cute. He brought you a present (which is probably how the cat actually thinks about it (how do I know what a cat thinks?)).
Anyway, I wouldn't chase them off of little critters either, but I am a heretic after all.
Sean the Heretic
hillfolk22

Post by hillfolk22 »

I'm not mad as well.
I do have one problem. Not wanting to step on toes..

First off I am a cat fancier... just not able to have any at the moment. One dog, four guinea pigs are enough... And... well... the guinea pigs would most likely be too tempting to a kitty. 8-{

My big complaint is... cats that are out-doors. Dogs are licensed... Dogs are not allowed to roam the neighborhood... Dogs are supposed to be on a leash... At least where I am from..

I have bird feeders scattered around my yard. Its the folks that let the cats roam that ticks me off. It is like I am setting a table for the cats. I know... it is in the cat's nature to hunt.

I think about the folks who brought cats to islands and then the total bird population being wiped out... I know, I have some issues.

Well that is my 2 cents worth.

BTW... I did not comment on the original picture... I liked it. Reminds me of the toons cartoon... Sylvester...(spelling?)

:grin:

Laura

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hillfolk22 on 2002-10-01 18:34 ]</font>
Walden
Chiffmaster General

Post by Walden »

On 2002-10-01 18:30, Sean wrote:

I am a heretic after all.
What's your heresy? Are you a cross-fippler?
Reasonable person
Walden
Sean

Post by Sean »

SShhhhhh, Walden. Not so loud.
He who hurries cannot walk with dignity.
johnz

Post by johnz »

I had a cat hunting in my yard for awhile.I used to find piles of bird feathers scattered around somewhat frequently.I started shooting it with my Red Ryder bb gun, this gun shoots slow so it would only sting, but do no permenent damage.
After seeing the cat carrying a squirrel across my property I got my Daisy Powerline and shot it in the butt at half power.He hasn't come back to my yard, but if I see him again he will get full power with a pellet to the head.
It's nothing personal against cats,I have a cat of my own but she doesn't go outside.I like seeing the wildlife outside of my house, and I won't tolerate having someone elses' animals hunting on my property.
Take care, Johnz
DON'T DRINK SOAP!
KEEP OUT OF EYE!
DILUTE! DILUTE!
OK!
JohnPalmer

Post by JohnPalmer »

JessieK,

Last night, an entire thread was deleted, which you had started, under the name "Mini Evil". I won't go into detail, here, as to why your malicious thread was deleted--you know why--but shortly before it was, you had given an appology to the board, which the majority had not seen.

Now, you are posting as if nothing had happened.

John Palmer
JessieK

Post by JessieK »

John Palmer, it was not a malicious thread. It was a tasteless joke. There's a big difference.

I didn't apologize to the whole board. I apologized to everyone but you.

Yes, I am posting as if nothing happened. I'm certain you would suggest that I cease to post at all. Well, too damn bad for you.

Jessie
raindog1970
Please enter the next number in sequence: 12

Post by raindog1970 »

OK everybody, you can get off Jessie's case now because I'm going to post a much more graphic pic of a dead bird.
Mmm... finger lickin' good! :lol:
Regards,
Gary Humphrey

♪♣♫Humphrey Whistles♫♣♪

[Raindogs] The ones you see wanderin' around after a rain. Ones that can't find their way back home. See the rain washes off the scent off all the mail boxes and the lamposts, fire hydrants. – Tom Waits
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Palmer you're such a freaking hypocrite, you're as malicious as anyone on this message board, and your post here proves it.

Loren
Sean

Post by Sean »

OOOooohh,
I feel a war cummin' on.
Me first for the blood. I love a feud as much as anyone.
Scratch
AKA
Sean the Heretic
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

Parking in the garage the other day, saw a badly plucked turtledove, feathers all over. Started yelling at the cat, which scared aflight the bird--a jay--which actually committed the slaughter. Have to train kitty to game for jays instead of doves, now. If she dares…

Back to the thread source : Brigitte, I'm not sure that training your kitty to play the didgeridoo will be considered korrect by pet leagues. Can you assure us no other animal was harmed during your workshop ?
And please give us the trick : does one really need to make such moon-eyes :eek: in order to get one's breathing perfectly circular ?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Zubivka on 2002-10-02 04:07 ]</font>