Other music

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
HDSarah
antispam: No

Post by HDSarah »

I like to play whistle on anything that isn't lightning-fast (probably because I haven't mastered playing really fast :lol: ). Waltzes are always nice. I like to hear the whistle sing on those slower tunes.

On our just-released CD Tanana Mud we have whistle and/or flute on several tracks. One is a jig (an original composition by the banjo player), but we don't play it in a particularly Irish way. Another is a reel, but one with more of an old-timey feel than Irish. The other tunes with whistle or flute are waltzes, and a slow instrumental in 4/4 that I wrote. In it, I have whistle and cello playing two different countermelodies while hammered dulcimer plays melody, with help from banjo and guitar. (It's track 8 on the CD if you're curious.)
ICE JAM: "dam" good music that won't leave you cold. Check out our CD at http://cdbaby.com/cd/icejam
johnnyboi
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by johnnyboi »

I love playing Baroque music on my low whistle... it seems to go really well and you can find a lot of higher-level recorder music which fits perfectly.

I tried pulling out my Bach suites for Cello the other day to see if I could play it on whistle but the range was too great. Which was a shame, it sounded lovely for a while! But yeah... so many octaves it switches clefs in places :boggle:
Ceili_whistle_man
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by Ceili_whistle_man »

IDAwHOa, You are joking aren't you? ITM, Irish Traditional Music.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked!