Metronome recommendations?

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
PallasAthena
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by PallasAthena »

I have a DB-12 Dr. Beat. I don't know how much it costs, as it was a gift, but it's probably reasonably priced. You can set it to different time signatures and the first downbeat of each measure is marked by a differently pitched click. You can set it on quarter notes, eith notes, triplets, sixteenth notes, a rest-eith note rest-eithnote pattern, and a triplet pattern in wich the middle note is a rest. It has a tuning note and a timer/stopwatch. There is a mute option in wich only the two lights flash to denote the beats. Most useful is the headphone jack, which helps if you're playing louder than the metranome.
Jack

Post by Jack »

Jim McGuire wrote:Only 400+ to choose from out there on eBAY:
http://instruments.search.ebay.com/metr ... QsacatZ619
I had one of those:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 7412839567

...except that mine was a different color. I bought it used on eBay for $5, and it still lasted me 4 years. I liked it.

I've also always wanted one of those old-fashioned wooden pyramid-shaped ones. They seem so cool, because you can watch the beat as well as hear it.
Roger O'Keeffe
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by Roger O'Keeffe »

i'm still looking for a metronome that doesn't slow down :o during the easy bits and speed up :swear: during the hard bits of tunes :lol: .
An Pluiméir Ceolmhar
Chief Wanganui

Post by Chief Wanganui »

Roger O'Keeffe wrote:i'm still looking for a metronome that doesn't slow down :o during the easy bits and speed up :swear: during the hard bits of tunes :lol: .
Curiously enough, these "variable-speed" metronomes seem to be very popular amongst classical violinists of my acquaintance.
That Scottish Git.