FS: 4 Pennywhistles: 3 in high D, 1 in high C

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

FS: 4 Pennywhistles: 3 in high D, 1 in high C

Post by dfernandez77 »

Last "commercial" post, 50% of the proceeds goes to charity.
http://cgi.ebay.com/?ViewItem&item=250558143048
--------

Four whistles in one auction? Why? Because, well, I wanted it that way. Think of it like a poor man's C/D set. Even more fun - 50% of the winning bid goes to charity.

Condition is from like new to mildly used. :)

Two whistles are Freeman Tweaked:
1. Freeman Tweaked Black Sweetone in high D (challenged in the high octave, listen to the sound clip)
2. Freeman Tweaked Shaw in high D (plays great, nice voice)

Now what's "Freeman Tweaked"?
Well, in the whistle world - if I told you I'd have to kill you. What I can tell you is, Jerry is "probably the world's only professional full-time pennywhistle tweaker". Beyond that, he's a super guy known for his big heart and benevolence as well - really, it's true (at least he's known in the whistle world).

One whistle is a legacy design (no longer made) O'Brien nickel plated copper high D:
Here's some reviews of models of this vintage.
viewtopic.php?t=29125
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=30046&p=374443

The fourth whistle is a straight up unfinished Sweetone in high C:
This whistle has a little dent in the side, but plays pretty good. Nice warm tone

Ok already - time for the sound clips. Just scales: low ocatave (D E F G A B C# D), middle octave (G A B Cnat D E F G), and high octave.
http://www.beancurdturtle.com/Whistle/S ... Obrien.mp3

They will be shipped in a USPS Priority Mail Medium Flat Rate Box costing you $10.35 over the winning bid.

Go ahead, you can bid and feel good about it because 50% of your bid will go to charity. :)
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.
dfernandez77
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: So, please write a little about why you are interested. We're just looking for something that will make it clear to us, when we read it, why you are registering and that you know what this forum is all about.

Re: FS: 4 Pennywhistles: 3 in high D, 1 in high C

Post by dfernandez77 »

Bump...

The auction - from which I am donating 50% of the sale price to charity - closes this evening (Sunday Jan 10, 2010, Pacific time zone).

Two other auctions already closed resulting in $145.00 for Heifer International. I like selling useful, but rarely used by me, items this way. :)
Daniel

It's my opinion - highly regarded (and sometimes not) by me. Peace y'all.