Goldie Overtons

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Sober Sam
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Goldie Overtons

Post by Sober Sam »

Hi all
As I may have mentioned before (when I was here last about a hundred years ago) I work at a music store and we now have Overton Whistles from Colin Goldie.
Selling Colins Whistles is just pure joy! The best bit is, of course, receiving a new shipment. It's always a bit like Christmas. All those beautiful shiny new whistles. I never ceise to be amazed by how beautilully they are crafted. So far I have never had ANY trouble with those instruments. And they sell like hot cakes. We usually have to place the next order within 2 weeks.
The only downside is that everytime I place an order for the store, I include a new whistle for myself. Originally I thought, that way I would have a complete set in a couple of years. But by the way these whistles are selling and I have to reorder, I guess my set will be complete within a matter of months...

Personally I have found my perfect whistle and it's a Goldie. Oh, and why do people keep on saying they're so expencive? They're not! Just look at the craftmanship! Just look at the customer care. Just listen to the sound and the tuning. They are worth every penny.
Why do people use aluminum to put beer in it, if you can make whistles out of it?
Sober Sam

Re: Goldie Overtons

Post by Sober Sam »

PS: No, I am not getting payed by Colin and Brigitte for this! :P
Why do people use aluminum to put beer in it, if you can make whistles out of it?
pipersgrip
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by pipersgrip »

Unfortunately I have never had a chance to play one; I have heard nothing but greatness of them. :shock: Don't be so shocked, I will get around to play one some day.
"In prayer, it is better to have a heart without words, than words without a heart." John Bunyan
anniemcu
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

They do have that effect. :lol: (not the one that has whistlecollector's brains leaking into his keyboard :o )
Last edited by anniemcu on Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
peeplj

Post by peeplj »

I thought I understood what a good whistle was before I got my Colin Goldie Overton high D.

I was mistaken.

As much as I love my other whistles, and wonderful as some of them are, the Overton is just in a class by itself.

It's only drawback is that, since it takes some technique to play it well, it may not be a particularly friendly whistle to learn to play on.

I remember what a jaw-dropping experience it was when I first played mine.

--James
http://www.flutesite.com

-------
"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending" --Carl Bard
gerardo1000

Post by gerardo1000 »

I have two Goldie Overton low Ds purchased from forum members, one is a standard hole made in 1999.
the other one is a big hole made at the end of 2008. Both are wonderful whistles, both have the unique Overton sound, still they offer slightly different colors and responsivness.
I agree that after you have played an Overton, it is hard to go back.