St. Pat's Juice

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
mahanpots
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

St. Pat's Juice

Post by mahanpots »

Michael
Olwell Pratten.
Paddy Cronin's Jig
Limestone Rock, Silver Spear
Blasting, billowing, bursting forth with the power of 10 billion butterfly sneezes
Bothrops

Post by Bothrops »

That looks radioactive!!

Happy St. Patrick's Day, people!
walrii
antispam: No

Post by walrii »

If, as I've heard several places, green beer is an American invention, then I apologize in the name of all us Yanks for creating such a travesty. On a brighter note, we had our St. Patrick's day street party here in North Texas on Saturday night. We got our one evening of Irish music and Guiness flowed like the River Shannon. Twas a wonderful thing. Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.
The Walrus

What would a wild walrus whistle if a walrus could whistle wild?

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
walrii

Post by walrii »

If, as I've heard several places, green beer is an American invention, then I apologize in the name of all us Yanks for creating such a travesty. On a brighter note, we had our St. Patrick's day street party here in North Texas on Saturday night. We got our one evening of Irish music and Guiness flowed like the River Shannon. Twas a wonderful thing. Happy St. Patrick's Day to all.
The Walrus

The second mouse may get the cheese but the presentation leaves a lot to be desired.
Tommy

Post by Tommy »

Bar keep... another double here :D
''Whistles of Wood'', cpvc and brass. viewtopic.php?f=1&t=69086
walrii

Post by walrii »

The double post and the gallons of Guiness are not related. I am a computer idiot, drunk or sober!
The Walrus

anniemcu
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10
Location: A little left of center, and 100 miles from St. Louis

Post by anniemcu »

It takes far too much food dye to turn Guinness green. Not worth the wait. You want green? Drink purple koolaid! You'll have some serious green within about 24 hours. :twisted: (Anyone with small children can confirm this)
anniemcu
---
"You are what you do, not what you claim to believe." -Gene A. Statler
---
"Olé to you, none-the-less!" - Elizabeth Gilbert
---
http://www.sassafrassgrove.com
Flogging Jason
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Flogging Jason »

Thank heavens the pub I work for(and performed music for) doesn't believe in that kitchy green-beer nonsense! They did, however, sell 2 full kegs of Guinness along with several other kegs of other Irish beers. I personally spent most of the evening polishing off my flask full of Bushmills! Twas a great evening with no ill side effects. I hope everyone else enjoyed the holiday.
houstonwhistler

Post by houstonwhistler »

I happened to be standing at the bar of my favorite local pub, when an unsuspecting patron asked the barman about green beer. The barman took a few deep breaths and remained calm before explaining that proper Irish beer is black, not green. He continued telling the patron the if he wanted a black beer, he was in the right place, however, if he insisted on green beer, then he should take his custom elsewhere.
I never did work up the nerve to point out that neither Harp nor Smithwick's is black. But both good, Irish beers.
Ale will make you stout and stout will make you ail.
MaryC
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Playing the whistle is so much easier than playing the accordion: I've never yet found an accordion which would fit into my handbag!

Post by MaryC »

houstonwhistler wrote: ... Harp nor Smithwick's .... But both good, Irish beers.
Welll ... both beers .. and both Irish ... the "good" bit is personal interpretation, I guess, but even most Irish people seem to turn their noses up at Harp.