Flook

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
King Friday
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by King Friday »

Oh right, thats a very good idea. Thanks Sara
Kansas
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Flook

Post by Kansas »

Here is another view of how good I think Flook is. Last spring they appeared at Kansas State University. My wife really did not want to go, she tolerates my whistle playing and my ITM CD's. She liked them a lot. Even let me try to learn Bodhran afterwords.

I would have to say the "house" there - very few people knew who these Flook people were - they were there to hear Karan Casey sing. Flook only played for an hour - the 2nd hour was for Karan.

Let me tell you they got a really surprising ovation. I think a lot of people were slack jawed at what they heard. It was a perfect night except that Flook had to leave right after the performance for the airport to fly east. So I did not get to talk with any of them. My wife said John Joe walked right past her while I was in the men's room before the performance. Oh well.

How good were they? I'm seriously considering changing my vacation days and driving up to Chicago (700 miles) to see them next month. Ok - 3 of my kids live there - but it's still 700 miles.

I think they are pretty good.
Clann O' dubh Ghaill / Doyle