Chieftain low D to swap

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
stevetcm
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Chieftain low D to swap

Post by stevetcm »

Hi all,
I've got a Chieftain low D (new style) non tuneable whistle that never gets played which I'd rather swap than sell. I'm still searching for my perfect high D; something like a Humphrey or a Sindt or Mack Hoover whitecap, sweet and pure, high backpressure and in tune. If anyone has anything interesting please get in touch. I'm in West Yorkshire, UK
stevetcm@hotmail.com
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

I don't think any of the whistles you metioned qualify as having "high backpressure." You might consider some other whistles if you like backpressure.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up
Gabriel
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8

Post by Gabriel »

If you want deadly backpressure, try a Bleazey or an Overton. Susato maybe too.

I have a Bleazey and love it. And a friend has a Sindt, and well...compared to the Bleazey, the Sindt plays by itself.
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

Agreed with Gabriel. I have owned both, the Sindt has very low back pressure and takes little air, niether are my cup of tea. You may also consider Albas.
stevetcm

backpressure

Post by stevetcm »

alright then medium backpressure. I've got a Bleazey which sounds beautiful but it takes a lot of puff. I've also got a couple of Susatos and the vsb is closest to my ideal but it's not a satisfying sound to my ears albeit very in tune. So my amended wishlist is a generation type, narrow bore, easy blowing (especially the second octave) whistle that's in tune. I've got a Mack Hoover narrow bore brass whistle (high backpressure) which is sweet but it's a real clogger, something like that but with twice the volume, and without the clogging, would be perfect.
Parkwood

Post by Parkwood »

Do try an alloy Silkstone whistle if you haven't already... may even be able to visit Paul Hayward as he's in Yorkshire too! He does normal and narrow bore.

The wider bore alloy whistle has medium back pressure, is fairly loud and has great intonation. When I bought mine Paul was kind enough to send two for me to try!

Barry
stevetcm

Silkstone

Post by stevetcm »

Thanks Barry,
just looked at his website, very interesting, am going to talk to him tomorrow.

This forum is the business
Unseen122
Tell us something.: Of course I'm not a bot; I've been here for years... Apparently that isn't enough to pass muster though!

Post by Unseen122 »

You may want to try a Black Diamond. I was (unknowingly) looking for the same thing as you; good quality, medium back pressure, and Generation type. I had a Bleazey, I have a Sindt, I had a Burke, but the BD turned out to be my favorite.
Congratulations

Post by Congratulations »

Unseen122 wrote:You may want to try a Black Diamond. I was (unknowingly) looking for the same thing as you; good quality, medium back pressure, and Generation type. I had a Bleazey, I have a Sindt, I had a Burke, but the BD turned out to be my favorite.
I agree. Black Diamond sounds to be to your liking.
oh Lana Turner we love you get up