2nd Octave Bb

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
John S
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

2nd Octave Bb

Post by John S »

I'm shore most of you will have bumped into xxoxxx for a second octave Bb on a D Whistle, but I could not find it in the fingering charts linked to this site.
I find it useful for bluesy type stuff in E minor or G major and makes an interesting trill using all the fingers of the lower hand.
John s
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

John S wrote:I'm shore most of you will have bumped into xxoxxx for a second octave Bb on a D Whistle, but I could not find it in the fingering charts linked to this site.
Probably because it highly depends on one's particular whistles.

Checking mine, most give me a "blues note" indeed when fingered as you say: too sharp for a Bb, too flat for an A...
Darwin

Post by Darwin »

Zubivka wrote:
John S wrote:I'm shore most of you will have bumped into xxoxxx for a second octave Bb on a D Whistle, but I could not find it in the fingering charts linked to this site.
Probably because it highly depends on one's particular whistles.

Checking mine, most give me a "blues note" indeed when fingered as you say: too sharp for a Bb, too flat for an A...
Ditto on my Burke. However, xoxoxx does a pretty good first octave Bb, though it has to be pushed a bit. It's dead on in the second octave, but really loud.
Mike Wright

"When an idea is wanting, a word can always be found to take its place."
 --Goethe
John S

Post by John S »

The other Bb fingerings indicated are of cause perfectly stable and in tune on every whistle.
Zubivka

Post by Zubivka »

John S wrote:The other Bb fingerings indicated are of cause perfectly stable and in tune on every whistle.
You mean half-holing? Sure! :D