My mom, Nadine Laughlin, on NPR (and my whistle playing!)

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
ChrisLaughlin
antispam: No

My mom, Nadine Laughlin, on NPR (and my whistle playing!)

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Howdy friends,

Following an extremely succesful CD release concert and party for my mom's new album 'Beautiful Mystery' she is being interview on NHPR and her album will be the featured album for the show. I played whistle on several of the tracks, so if you haven't heard any of my playing you catch a chance.

Those in NH can tune into NHPR at 9 PM Sunday, January 11th to hear my mom on Kate McNally's folk show. Those outside of NH can listen to the interview and hear her music via live RealAudio stream at http://www.nhpr.org .

For more info about my mom and her new CD, including mp3 and RealAudio clips (Pray for Grace features my whistle playing and the guitar of Matt Heaton from Siucra), check out http://www.nadinelaughlin.com

All the best,
Chris
Loren
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: You just slip out the back, Jack
Make a new plan, Stan
You don't need to be coy, Roy
Just get yourself free
Hop on the bus, Gus
You don't need to discuss much
Just drop off the key, Lee
And get yourself free

Post by Loren »

Aaaack!! Commercial Post!!! Hang Him!!!! :x :x

Heh heh, just kidding (of course) dude :D

Very cool.

Loren
nancymae
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Post by nancymae »

Very Cool Chris....Can't wait till I'm off work to listen!!

Keep whistlin...

Nancy
jim stone

Post by jim stone »

Well done, indeed; and some mean whistle playing.
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about all this. It's just such a joy to have my mom, who's music I have enjoyed from the cradle, finally have a chance to share her music with the rest of the world and to have them enjoy it as well.
One of the coolest things about the concert was that one of the backup vocalists had to bail out so my sister Eliza ended up taking her place and did a wonderful job. Her voice blended with perfectly with my mom's. It was truly something special to have three family members on stage at once making beautiful music. I hope it is just the beginning of a wonderful journey to come.

Thank you much for all your kind words.
Chris
P.S. -Loren, buy the CD, buy the CD, buy the CD, you must buy the CD!!!!!
cyberspiff

Post by cyberspiff »

Bravo Nadine and Chris. Bravo. Beautiful album.

When can we expect a solo whistle album? You've got a lovely sound. :D
Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. That way, you'll be a mile from them, and you'll have their shoes.
--Jack Handy Deep Thoughts
ChrisLaughlin

Post by ChrisLaughlin »

CyberSpiff -

Thank you for you kinds comments.
Hmmm.... I think a solo album is a long ways off. I'm VERY critical of my own playing, and if I recorded my own album I'd want it to be of the pure-drop traditional sort, not the kind of thing I've done on my mom's album. More likely you'll be hearing me playing non-trad stuff on a number of New England folk albums in the near future. However, the pure drop is where my heart is, and maybe, just maybe, I'll put something out in ten years or so.

Best,
Chris