Introduction and thank you to many.

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
Silverform
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: I have been involved in playing ITM for around 15 years enjoy whistle and pipes. I have read this forum for well over 10 years and have always enjoyed the content.

Introduction and thank you to many.

Post by Silverform »

Well to make a long story short which I'm horrible at so let's just say to make a long story longer. I first joined this forum originally around 2004 as new whistle player. Through the patient guidance of many great posters I was able to get to the point of actually having people asking me to play my whistle. As to the quality of play and why people asked me to play that was questionable, but atleast they could tell that my abstract attempts at Amazing Grace were more than just a shrill dog call. I was also lucky to have gained interest in the whistle at that time I did as sindts, O'riordans, and many others were fairly easy to come across and well prices seemed a lot easier on the pocket book. Fast forward life marched on and I played the whistle for quite a few years. At some point though other musical endeavors took over and some great whistles I collected suffered a life of banishment to the top drawer of my dresser. I quit visiting the forum and took a break from the whistle. Well my fire was rekindled and so I return to the best place I know to learn and talk whistle.

That being said I give out a blanket statement. Thank you to all those who take the time to help new players out and to answer those simple or repetitive seeming questions. What might seem silly to an old pro can make a world of difference to the new kid on the block.
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Re: Introduction and thank you to many.

Post by greenspiderweb »

Hi-ho Silver...!

Great that you made it back to the whistle world-welcome back! I have done the same after my many and various musical journeys. Of course, I continue to move around to different instruments at will and nil, much to the degradation of the best skills on any. But that's how I'm made, and it's hard to fix at this late point in life. Still, when I play, I enjoy it, no matter what instrument.

Hope you continue to enjoy the whistle and whistle community here...as you say: it's the best place to be for that! There are many very helpful souls on this board-just ask and you should get a reply shortly to a specific question about playing or whistles. I'm not the one to ask for most of it....but what I do know, I will share freely when I see a query that relates to something I do know.

May I encourage you to try the low whistle at some point as well? For it is another entirely different experience from the highs, and where my heart feels at home and contented to stay, along with flute too. But I prefer low whistle most of all.

....Away! :wink: Have a blast!
~~~~
Barry
Silverform
Tell us something.: I have been involved in playing ITM for around 15 years enjoy whistle and pipes. I have read this forum for well over 10 years and have always enjoyed the content.

Post by Silverform »

Thanks for the response green web! As far as low whistles go one of the first whistles I bought was a cillian low D back when I first started to dabble in whistles. I understand the attraction to low whistles as they are what got me interested in whistles to begin with. Anyways sorry for the delayed response it is a busy time of the year for me with work and I don't get much free time to get on a computer.
greenspiderweb
Please enter the next number in sequence: 10

Post by greenspiderweb »

Yes, Cillian's are one of my favorite Low D's that I have played. I now have the modern version, made by Maurice Reviol. It's essentially the same, with some updates to the design, but very similar.

Enjoy your whistles when you can, and let the web go instead! ; )
~~~~
Barry
albert6720
Tell us something.: I join this community to discuss some music related topic as i have seen some on your forum.I am a music student and working of a music project that i am going to submit this summer. Hope get some help there regarding the issues in am facing.

Post by albert6720 »

Hello Everyone, I am new in this community. I am a music student and currently working on my final project. Hope have nice time in this community.
:poke: Nothing For Discussion
http://soldierstudio.com/