Many whistle Cd's on ebay

The Ultimate On-Line Whistle Community. If you find one more ultimater, let us know.
treeshark
Please enter the next number in sequence: 1

Many whistle Cd's on ebay

Post by treeshark »

Just a heads up that I am selling much of my ITM cd collection lots of flute and whistle not just this one lot there are several more... please don't ask me questions about sales on this forum other than if am I mad or deranged in some way. All insults and other derogatory comments are welcome too. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/131427022569
kkrell
antispam: No
Please enter the next number in sequence: 8
Tell us something.: Mostly producer of the Wooden Flute Obsession 3-volume 6-CD 7-hour set of mostly player's choice of Irish tunes, played mostly solo, on mostly wooden flutes by approximately 120 different mostly highly-rated traditional flute players & are mostly...

Re: Many whistle Cd's on ebay

Post by kkrell »

My God - you MUST BE deranged! Those auctions are an instant collection for any whistle and/or flute player. The rest of them (fiddle, bands, etc.) are a pretty decent selection as well. But, how can you bear to part with those Wooden Flute Obsession CDs?
treeshark

Post by treeshark »

Hi Kevin, it will be a wrench to see them go but I have a new house to finish. My cd player died 2 years ago and my computer doesn't have a cd rom so I haven't taken one off the shelf for 2 years. There will be some very juicy flutes up for sale too.... The other CD lot numbers are here: 131427020842 131427024955 131427028719 I did wonder if this was a commercial post then I added up what I had spent on them and how much I was likely to get back and realised it was only commercial in the madness sense.
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

treeshark wrote:Hi Kevin, it will be a wrench to see them go but I have a new house to finish. My cd player died 2 years ago and my computer doesn't have a cd rom so I haven't taken one off the shelf for 2 years. There will be some very juicy flutes up for sale too.... The other CD lot numbers are here: 131427020842 131427024955 131427028719 I did wonder if this was a commercial post then I added up what I had spent on them and how much I was likely to get back and realised it was only commercial in the madness sense.
Your post is not "commercial" in any sense that I would understand it and is perfectly fine, in any case. (Although stark, staring bonkers, or course. :wink: )

An aside on the use of the word "commercial": To me, it's simple. If I buy something in order to sell it for a (hoped-for) profit, or if I make something to sell intending to make a profit, then the sale is commercial; if I'm simply selling my old stuff - which I take it is what you're doing - that's not commercial. The scale of the enterprise doesn't enter into it. Out of interest, here in the UK and, to the best of my knowledge, everywhere else too for that matter, this definition of the word "commercial" accords with the view taken by the tax authorities.*

So that's OK then. :)

* Note that that's also, in effect, the way we view it here on the Chiffboard. See CCCP No 7. - Mod.
treeshark

Post by treeshark »

Pity it's not commercial then... if it was I could set the loss against tax. :party:
benhall.1
Tell us something.: I'm a fiddler and, latterly, a fluter. I love the flute. I wish I'd always played it. I love the whistle as well. I'm blessed in having really lovely instruments for all of my musical interests.
Location: Unimportant island off the great mainland of Europe

Post by benhall.1 »

treeshark wrote:Pity it's not commercial then... if it was I could set the loss against tax. :party:
Um ... yeah ... you've got all the receipts, obviously. :wink:

Anyway, best of luck with all this madness. :D
colomon
Tell us something.: Whistle player, aspiring C#/D accordion and flute player, and aspiring tunesmith. Particularly interested in the music of South Sligo and Newfoundland. Inspired by the music of Peter Horan, Fred Finn, Rufus Guinchard, Emile Benoit, and Liz Carroll.

I've got some compositions up at http://www.harmonyware.com/tunes/SolsTunes.html

Post by colomon »

Great CDs, and thanks to this post I just learned the Josie McDermott album is available on Amazon MP3! That's top on my most wanted list, I was considering buying the entire lot just to get it...
Sol's Tunes (new tune 2/2020)